Pecorino Sardo Semi-Stagionato
● Ewe’s milk semi mature Pecorino cheese for table and grating, smooth rind and compact semi-cooked paste or with minute white or slightly straw-colored holes as it matures.
● Tender cheese with a delicate taste in the first months of maturation, with a strong and marked flavor as it matures.
● This Cheese has protected designated origin – DOP – status.
● Whole wheel - approx 4kg.
● Table and roasting cheese with a smooth brown leather rind, made from raw milk; light straw-yellow color, supple and sparse eyes.
About the brand
CAO Formaggi is a Cooperative composed of 700 members that was founded on the island of Sardinia in 1966. The cooperative was established with the aim of bringing together a group of farmers to transform the milk produced in the respective companies in order to create a distinguished production of delicious cheeses with high quality standards. The farmers' union also intended to enhance and recognize the work and characteristics of the sheep milk heritage of the territory.